Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Monthly SAFA meeting


Yesterday was the monthly meeting of Seacoast Area Fiber Artists, a small group of fiber artists from southern Maine and NH, that I am lucky enough to belong to. The meeting was in Old Orchard Beach, at the home of Kathy Angel Lee, and we were trying some NeoColor Water Pastels, that Kathy has worked with. These pastels were new to me. It is always fun to be able to, " Try before you buy," new art supplies. We brought a piece of PDF white fabric, or something else that we had on hand, and just sketched a design and tried a little blending with water. I reached for the, "fleshy tones," and tried sketching a face. I want to add people to my pieces, and I am always looking for another product that will work.
I like these pastels. They blended well with a light touch. Now I want to buy a big set! On the way home from the meeting, I stopped at The Art Mart in Biddeford and bought a few colors. i am now thinking of the colors that I didn't buy, so more things are added to my, "wish list."
We talk on the www.quiltart.net list about the fabric stash that many artists have, I want more paints and now pastels!
Maybe I'll add this face piece to a larger piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment