Monday, August 13, 2012

Ft Myers Art Community

There is a great art community in this area of South Florida.  Now that I am getting settled in the area, I have begun to look at opportunities to exhibit my work.  While living in New Hampshire, I was predominently showing my work at quilt shows.  I have decided to shift my focus in this area and embrace the many possibilities that this region provides for mixed media art.  I am a painter of art quilts.  I use my combined love of photography, painting and thread painting to create most of my work. 
My first fiber art was exhibited at the VAC Gallery in Punta Gorda, as part of the Art Quilters Unlimited exhibit in April.  I now have, "On the Track," at the Ft Myers Art League for the month of August and "Go Team USA," at the black and white exhibit at The Alliance for the Arts in FT Myers, until Sept 1st.
I look forward to being an active part of the South Florida Art Community.

No comments:

Post a Comment