Sunday, October 20, 2013

Playing With Inktense Pencils

I decided to start playing with the Derwent Inktense Watercolor Pencils, which I recently purchased.  I am looking for a less labor intensive way to produce some small fiber art.  I am finding more and more fiber art venues in which to enter my work.  I need to expand my work to include the many views of South Florida that I have in digital images, which are usually the basis of my art work.
My process is usually fairly lengthly, as I photograph a scene, sketch on fabric, paint the scene, perhaps add overlay fabrics, perhaps add found objects.  If I trapunto part of my design, the process becomes more time consuming.  I put a lot of thread in my work, so the quilting/ thread painting process takes me a while.
I think I will try to cut down my time commitment on some work, by making some small art work.  I will see what this looks like as I progress?  My intent is to gallery wrap this on canvas after the thread work is completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment