Friday, April 23, 2010

Enries in Local Art Show


Yesterday, I dropped three quilts to the Exteter, NH, Buds and Blooms art show, which opens tomorrow, at the Exeter Town Hall Gallery. I debate with myself about doing these things. Do I really produce anything that anyone wants to see at an art show? There will be paintings and drawings, as well as work from area fiber artists, usually. For a long time, I was unaware that these little shows even existed in my area. What these events do for me, besides giving my work a little public expossure, is to give me personal encouragement. It makes me feel good to dress up a little and mingle with a small group of creative people. Like going to quilt shows, I feel these small gatherings validate the time and money I spend on my work, dare I say, "My art?"

I spend most of my time at home, alone, so this is my creative outlet. So tomorrow, I'll venture out briefly to be part of the little group and enjoy the imaginative work of others!

One of the quilts entered is my little quilt, Beach Birds. The other two were in earlier posts, Catching the Wind and Water Lily.

No comments:

Post a Comment