Thursday, March 25, 2010

Finally Painting Again !

For some reason, I found it hard to make a selection for my next quilt subject. I had sorted through digital photos, had lots of good subjects, but just couldn't seem to get started. I think that starting a quilt is like starting a lot of other things, you pick a picture or design, and then you wonder if you can do your idea justice? That old, "Fear of Failure," raises it's ugly head. I hate to take a picture that I really like and make a mess of it. Of course practise makes improvement! Notice that I didn't say practise makes perfect, because in my opinion, art is never perfect. Perfection is in the eye of the beholder.
I started a street scene today. This is new for me, so let's see if I can do one of my favorite streets, justice? Let the sketching, painting and stitching begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment