Monday, May 4, 2009

Great week for fiber art!


This past week was great! I am usually at home with only my own on-going work to look at, but this week I went to three art shows. On Tuesday, I attended the opening of the Families First annual art exhibit in Portsmouth, NH, where there were over 100 new art works on display. Most of the work is done in oils, water colors or acrylics, but there were three fiber art pieces. My small framed piece, Whaleback 2, appeared in the show.
On Friday, 5/1, I attended the opening of Kathy Angel Lee's solo show at New England College in Biddeford, Maine. Kathy has spent the past year creating small watercolor pictures, which she has also translated into fiber art. The show runs through May and is truely lovely. I would urge anybody who can get to southern Maine to go and see the show.
On Saturday I traveled to Springfield, MA, to attend a SAQA meeting and trunk show presentation by Elin Waterston. It was great to meet other art quilters from neighboring states and see Elin's trunk show. Elin also gave a lecture on painting on fabric. It was a great day to expand my vision of art quilting.
It is now the start of a new week and time to see what new works I can create.

No comments:

Post a Comment